GIS RESEARCH UK: 6th National Conference
31st March - 2nd April 1998, University of Edinburgh, UK.
GISRUK ROUND TABLE TOPICS
Including suggestions from Participants
- Object Oriented GIS - are we researching an approach that will always
be so cumbersome that it will never be useful? - Leader: Jane Drummond
- Digital Terrain Modelling: Where are we now? Where are we going?
- Leader: Dave Kidner
- Public GIS - Leader: Steve Carver
- GIS in Support of Traffic and Transport - Leader: David Parker
- Future Census Geography - Leader: David Martin
- Web-Based GIS - Leader: Bruce Gittings
- Changing needs of the GIS Industry: Education, Training,
Employment and Professionalism - Leader: Andy Lewis
- GIS and Tourism Management
- Leader: Dave McAdam
- Scale Issues in the Digital World of GIS
- Leader: Elsa Joăo
- Temporal GIS to Model Evolution of Spatial Objects in Environmental Modelling.
- Leader: Juan C. Suárez
- Decision Support Systems in Environmental Planning and Management
- Leader: Nancy Tosta
- Using GIS in Health - What are the Research Issues
- Leader: Ralph Smith
How these discussion topics are organised depends on the final conference
numbers. There are 1.5 hours programmed. To allow people to participate
in more than one discussion, we may divide the time between two groups
of these topics, with 45 minutes per discussion.